The institute : mission and goals
- Propose inter-categorical and interdisciplinary trainings supported by the different ministries concerned with major risks.
- Facilitate a better consideration of the major risks and the environmental protection in the citizen culture.
- Make schools capable of ensuring their safety in case of a major emergency or any other external hazard thanks to the PPMS (Specific School Safety Plan).
- Conceive and distribute educational tools.
- Help the State, local authorities and industrials to implement public information plans about major risks and safety measures to protect human life.
- Develop initiatives and international exchanges on this theme.
In order to meet these goals, the Institute leads a network of 500 trainers spread in the thirty school districts (in the mainland and overseas) with a clear interlocutor : the school district coordinator, appointed by the district rector. They are members of the National Education services or risk specialists, trained at national level in major risks and environmental protection.
Few exemples :
- The orange shield
- Specific School Safety Plans (PPMS) departmental triggering day in the Seine-Maritime department.
- The Gafforisk
training on the major risks in Istanbul in 2011